What Evidence is Needed in a Wrongful Death Case?

Evidence needed to support a wrongful death claim varies case by case. The following list are some common items among wrongful death claims:

1. Reports: The complete report and evidence documented from the scene of the accident. Additionally, an autopsy may be necessary to determine the cause of the victim’s death.

2. Death Certificate: A death certificate provides a certified record of the victim’s cause of death, and it is verified by the coroner. The death certificate can be obtained from the county clerk’s office in the county where the deceased died OR requested online at the Texas Vital Statistics website http://www.dshs.state.tx.us/VS/ under Death Records.

3. Tangible Evidence: Tangible evidence like a bloodied clothing or any personal property. Tangible evidence, is used to tell a story of the fatal accident, or the cause of death.

4. Videos and Photographs: Both videos and photographs are powerful forms of evidence in a wrongful death case.

5. Medical Records and Bills: Complete medical records as soon as possible. These records can include notes, test results, consultation records, evaluations, prescription information, or other healthcare documentation.

6. Tax Returns and Pay Stubs: Pay stubs and tax returns help to calculate the value of the wrongful death claim. They can show how much the deceased earned, and those lost wages and income can be included in the claim. Depending on the case, family finance records can account for lost wages and other damages.

7. Witness Statements: The names and contact information of anyone who saw the fatal accident or incident.

8. Experts Testimony: Testimony of experts to prove the foreseeability or cause-effect.

Our lawyers know how stressful a death in the family can be, which is why we get started right away. Our Houston wrongful death lawyers know how to properly work your case and seek maximum compensation to our clients. If you lost a loved one in a devastating accident, we can help.

Call (832) 277) 2981 for a FREE consultation with an attorney.

Share This Post

More News